19676Echoes Celebrates Jon Hasell 70th B'Day

  • John Diliberto
    Apr 10, 2007
      We've just posted the audio of our 70th Birthday tribute to Jon
      Hassell on our myspace site @ www.myspace.com/echoesspace

      JON HASSELL: A 70th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
      An unsung hero of techno-tribal music enters his 8th decade still blowing
      Trumpeter Jon Hassell's music roots go back to Karlheinz Stockhausen,
      Lamonte Young's Theatre of Eternal Music and playing on the first
      recording of Terry Riley's In C. He created the sound of
      Techno-Tribal music that was brought to popularity in collaborations
      with Brian Eno, and his distinctive trumpet sound has been adopted by
      musicians like Mark Isham. We look back on a musician who is still
      pushing the sonic envelope as he celebrated his 70th birthday on
      March 22 featuring interviews with Hassell, Brian Eno, Steve Roach,
      Robert Rich and Jeff Rona.
      Hear it on www.myspace.com/echoesspace
      Read the Echoes Blog-Hear Echoes 24/7-Sign up for Echoes Interview
      Podcast, Join us at www.myspace.com/echoesspace
      http://www.echoes.org
      John Diliberto
      Producer/Host