19036Re: What You're Missing

  • K. Michael Babcock
    Aug 2, 2005
      Also check out Norbert Moslang's (ex-Voice Crack) Distilled 3" CD, on sale
      for $4.

      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/norbert

      Norbert Moslang was, until recently, one half of the now defunct Swiss duo
      Voice Crack. 'Distilled' was constructed in the studio, using a live solo
      performance of "cracked everyday electronics" by the composer himself as its
      source material. In the studio, Moslang allowed the computer to "make
      calculations with two pieces" of the original performance. "If I liked it, I
      worked further on it, if I didn't like it I threw it away." The resulting
      composition - a distillation of the orginal recording into something new -
      moves tiny granular packets of sound throughout the audible frequency range
      and the stereo spectrum, drawing the listener into an artificial environment
      where sounds replace light as the dominant sensory input. 'Distilled', a
      remarkable departure from the "known Voice Crack sound", is an engaging and
      rewarding listening experience that, at just twenty minutes, fades away long
      before overstaying its welcome.