18948Re : Parmegiani / any other ina grm recommendations?

  • François Couture
    Jun 1, 2005
      > Not on INA-GRM, but more or less in the same aesthetic lineage: Francis
      > Dhomont, on the label empreintes DIGITALes (while you're at it, consider
      > hearing whatever is released on that label...)

      I'll second Guillaume's recommendation, and I'll add: start with either
      Foret Profonde or Sous le Regard d'un Soleil Noir. They are both fascinating
      works with a narrative (in several languages, and the booklets contain
      translations in both English and French).

      For those interested in Parmegiani, the French label Fractal released last
      year a collection of genre-crossing works by him. It's called JazzEx. The
      title track is a groundbreaking piece for tape and (free) jazz quartet - in
      1966! Two more are odd pop culture sound collages.

      And of course, everyone should know that the title theme of the TV cartoon
      Futurama is a very respectful spoof/cover of Pierre Henry's Messe pour le
      temps présent ;-)

      FC