18497Re: free jazz etc

  • sarah-michelle geller
    Aug 30, 2004
      > Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:30:10 +0200
      > From: Fred Inklaar <opslag@...>
      >Subject: Re: free jazz etc
      >
      >You might also want to check out 'Les voix du Monde/Voices of the World'.
      >Rituals from Paraguay, funeral laments from Romania, Curing ritual from
      >Madagascar, etc. But I'm not sure if you are looking for this more ethnic
      >approach.

      i am, in fact, looking for ANY approach. i checked out 'drums of death',
      though it wasn't really what i was looking for - i simply couldn't hear
      anything particularly ecstatic about the performances. but that could have
      been because i listened to 30 second samples on amazon.co.uk and perhaps
      because i'm not a big fan of percussion.

      'les voix de monde' sounds more like what i was looking for. i just have to
      find samples of it.

      thanks.