18421Re: [thewire] abrasive music?

  • stuff1424@aol.com
    Aug 11, 2004
      We could be here all day just talking about music that sounds 'abrasive'.
      Have you heard the Jane Doe album by Converge? Obviously Velvets, Crass, early
      Sonic Youth, Dead C... Most definitely Wolf Eyes/ Burmese (San Francisco's
      grind/noise/sludge behemoth)/ early Black Dice/ Arab On Radar/ Sun O)))/ Lightning
      Bolt's self-titled debut which sounds like it was recorded with a dictaphone
      left by the drum kit. Of course Throbbing Gristle's self-banned First Annual
      Report and then Whitehouse's Erector. Ruins/ early Boredoms/ Merzbow/ Melt
      Banana. There's often something abrasive in all genres, anything from The
      Homosexuals to, I dunno, DJ Scud (!)...

      Rich.