18049Re: [thewire] Re: Scott Walker signs to 4AD

  • jeremy Bye
    Mar 31, 2004
      Thanks for the link. I like that part that states he's "about to
      start recording" a new album. Ha. When did he start recording Tilt,
      in 1987 or so? Maybe we'll get a new album by 2012. There will
      probably be a new My Bloody Valentine album by then.

      although there was a gap of some eleven years between albums, scott walker¹s
      writing and recording process is surprisingly concise ­ the majority of
      songs on Œtilt¹ were written in a six month period and recording didn¹t take
      all that long, so there¹s every chance an album will be out by the end of
      the year. The idea that Œtilt¹ took a long time to record comes from the
      rumours spread that walker was recording with david sylvian and jesus & mary
      chain.