17077Re: [thewire] Re: Brazilian music

  • John Jones
    Jul 3, 2003
      cheers for tips everyone - vinyl would be nice but I'm
      impatient so have already ordered it from Dusty Grove.

      --- churchofanthrax <churchofanthrax@...>
      wrote:
      ---------------------------------
      --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, John Jones
      <jahminguk@y...> wrote:

      > talking of Brazilian music, I have been heavily into
      > tropicalia and have got quite a few related albums.
      > The one I cannot find is the first Gal Costa album:
      > anyone have any clues where to find??

      Vinyl or CD?

      For CD, I believe someone already mentioned Dusty
      Groove. They
      absolutely rule. The Brazilian issues are supposedly
      nice, but I have
      not heard them. I have a Japanese CD that sounds good
      too.

      For vinyl, both of Gal's awesome late 60s albums were
      re-pressed in
      Brazil in the 80s by the original label (Philips) and
      pop up on eBay a
      lot, for not that much money.

      Actually, if you look hard, you can be rewarded with
      cheap originals,
      if you're so inclined. I just got the LP in question,
      a quite nice
      one, for about ten bucks, along with the one after
      that, "Gal" for not
      much more, and that one used to go for big coin,
      probably 'cause all
      the crate diggers wanted the "Tuareg" track... so be
      vigilant on eBay
      if you want to get it on vinyl, go to Dusty Groove
      (www.dustygroove.com) for the CDs.

      Cheers,
      Piotr

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT