16908Re: [thewire] playn

  • mark winkelmannn
    May 26, 2003
      > >I heard that this was originally cut as the Neptunes production team
      > >artificially trying to put a rock influenced lp together in the
      > >studio. Limited released in that form , then the group returned to
      > >the studio withy live musicians and recut it. Got some pretty tasty
      > >surfy guitar licks on it too.

      Chiming in late on this subject but is there any easy way to tell the two
      versions apart. I bought one a while after I read the first reviews but a
      few months later it started appearin in the in-store displays but with the
      same sleeve which made me think it was the newer version. So is there an
      obvious tracklist giveaway?

      Cheers

      Mark