15628Re: [thewire] Re: Merzbox

  • spelias@aol.com
    Aug 13, 2002
      In a message dated 8/13/02 10:01:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
      stevolende@... writes:

      << from where i'm standing >>

      It seems that you have to be able to discriminate the trees from the forest.

      There are people who we call 'collector scum' who will just buy things right
      and left and never listen to them. They then attempt to sell them, several
      years later, to other 'collector scum'.

      Then, there are those of us who actually listen and enjoy the music. That
      does take a bit of time but it's worth it. You learn, I think. You learn
      who and what you like and you pursue those things. That's how I developed my
      'collection'.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic