15550re merzbow 50cd collection ++ processing music

  • stevolende
    Aug 6, 2002
      --- In thewire@y..., "John Eastridge" <johneastridge@h...> wrote:

      > does anyone have that merzbow 50 c.d. box set? it seems really good
      but too
      > impractical to purchase and listen to, but if some has it i'd like
      to know
      > what they think.
      >
      > john

      his other cd massive purchase was a cd sealed into the player of an
      MG or other flash car wasn't it?
      wonder who buys those things?
      think the Grateful Dead 12 cd set was large enough for me.
      i'm sure somebody must be buying all those complete-collections-in-
      one-box sets by one artist.
      i think Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley or Charlie Parker(or whoever)
      would be a bit easier to tell whether or not you'd heard the track
      segment before .

      reminds me too of hearing about people buying over a certain amount
      of Music per month
      -going into the hundreds
      can anybody actually process all that music?
      It would seem to me that you're gonna be left with a great deal
      unheard.
      Was Merzbow one of the people who'd set themselves the task of
      hearing all recorded music by the time they died.
      or was that Masaki Batoh and KK Null?
      seems again a very artificial thing to do.

      I wonder how many listens it normally takes to take in a piece of
      music succesffully?
      or is that like asking how long is a piece of string?
      Stevo
      NpDon't let me suffer Gregory Isaacs, the Trojan reggae thing from
      last months Mojo
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic