14858Re: atonal rap/hip-hop

  • gradyfinklemyer
    May 6, 2002
      I recommend Pierre Henry's Fragments Pour Artaud, which is bumpin'
      in my crib right now. Great mix of spoken word and out sonics. Too
      bad I don't speak frog. Oh well, it adds nice atmosfear to the
      sonical proceedings. Also worth a shout out is Pierre Henry's
      Apocalypse de Jean. And if any of you gangstas is lookin' to get the
      box sets that have come out, Dusty Groove gots em' for about $35!
      Whee!

      --- In thewire@y..., "reddye6" <reddye6@a...> wrote:
      > >In general, I am interested in things that
      > >straddle the line between spoken word/drama
      > >and sound art
      >
      > Intermedium Records is a great place to jump in for contemporary
      radio
      > drama, though most of it is in German (except for the great, great
      > Beckett release "... the whole thing's coming out of the dark").
      Then
      > there's the radio dramas of Ammer and Einheit, the latest one being
      > "Crashing Aeroplanes." I also like the soundtracks to Derek
      Jarman's
      > films, which often include a healthy portion of dialogue.
      >
      > Other spoken word releases that stand out for me, off the top of my
      > head, include Steven Jesse Bernstein's "Prison" (great voice, kind
      of
      > like a young Burroughs) and Jeff Noon/David Toop's "Needle in the
      > Groove," and I'd even throw in Current 93's "I Have A Special Plan
      For
      > This World."
      >
      > A place to dig through a goldmine of sound poetry/spoken word mp3s
      is
      > at www.ubu.com. There's a ton: Beckett, Burroughs, Artaud, Giorno
      > Poetry Systems stuff. Just go there.
      > Mike