145Re: Arnold Dreyblatt (was: Re: [thewire] Re: Some Observations)

  • the town crier
    May 31 3:05 PM
      $Tom Ewing wrote:
      $
      $> (ObActualMusicContent: Three or four people have recommended Arnold
      $> Dreyblatt to me over the last month or so. Where to start?)
      $
      $I just bought his Nodal Excitations, but that's the only CD I've got by him an
      $d
      $so I couldn't really make you a primer (I think there's a review of NE in the
      $latest issue of The Wire, right?).
      $
      $The music basically consists of string instruments and a bass and a keyboardy
      $instrument I can't remember the name of right now, and they all follow the sam
      $e
      $pulse. It may sound boring and monotous at first, but there's some fascinating
      $play of overtones going on, which is constantly changing. Sort of like a very
      $advanced mouth harp, but with a pseudo-beat to Nod your head to.

      animal magnetism ... on tzadik is pure power.

      -john