13703Re: [thewire] vacationing in Anaphoria

  • Kraig Grady
    Dec 6, 2001
      mIEKAL aND!
      Really would like to see/hear more!

      When Jim was making an instrument to match on of my retuned vibraphones,
      the first thing he did is but his fingers down on the tube and said this is
      where the holes were going to be, weather i liked it or not :)
      From here, it was a matter of having a set of drill bits of graduated
      width and we proceeded up until we got the pitches we could. When tuning we
      also had him play evenly without seeing the tuner so he wouldn't adjust to
      it. you probably have noticed that the smaller the hole the more control you
      can have over the tuning!

      mIEKAL aND wrote:

      > Ive been working with a notion called hand-print intonation with gourd
      > saxophones. That is I get a gourd, put a mouthpiece on it & then get
      > comfortable holding that particular gourd in some way that reflects the
      > shapes of the gourd. I then make holes in the places that my fingers
      > have settled upon. sort of neaderthal harmonic theory. A few of my
      > music projects can be found at:
      >
      > RADIO CATERPILLAR
      >
      > http://cla.umn.edu/joglars/radio_caterpillar/index.html
      >
      > pictures of a few instruments at:
      >
      > http://net22.com/qazingulaza/inventedinstruments.html
      >
      > radio caterpillar is also the name of my email radio station, but I
      > think it is having some downtime right now.
      >
      > mIEKAL
      >
      > Kraig Grady wrote:

      -- Kraig Grady
      North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
      http://www.anaphoria.com

      The Wandering Medicine Show
      Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic