1343Re: UK's Government loves Iraq crisis

  • Jon Charles Newman
    Dec 18, 1998
      (sorry for the repeat, the mail program fucked up)

      ---Steven Taylor <kung.funk@...> wrote:
      (snip)
      > I was actually making a reference to the US publics inane fascination
      > with the Monica Lewinksy episode, and the presumption that everyone
      > outside the US actually gives a Fuck.

      How about the presumption that the American public even gives a fuck?

      I've been surprised at how many people have thought all along that the
      "scandal" is actually a diversionary tactic. Hey, and now Clinton
      (with the help of Blair, et al) is killing people to create a
      diversion from the diversion!

      > 'My parents fucked here, that's all'

      Crude, but totally accurate for me as well.

      And now, in a lame attempt to get music in here somehow, I'll relate
      this: I remember being at a protest against the Gulf War, and when
      some cheesy pseudo-folk singer got up with an acoustic guitar to sing
      some "deeply moving anti-war song," my friend turned to me and said,
      "Why does our side always have the shitty music?"

      best to all
      Jon

      ==
      Jon Charles Newman