12319philip jeck

  • Steven Wainwright
    Jul 4 2:13 AM
      I first listened to Philip Jeck on a Touch compliation, without any prior knowledge of his processes. I thought it sounded like he placed a contact-mic on the underside of a train, and mixed it with heavily processed loops/samples. Picked up a copy of Loopholes and realised he was simply using aged turntables and prepared vinyl.

      The recent doubleCD on Intermedium is my favourite recording - the pieces evolve over longer durations; very mesmeric but always interesting.

      Did anyone see his recent installation up at Burnley art gallery?

      Sorry Jess - this doesn't remotely answer your question, but...

      steven

      np. snd 'stdio'