11264Re: PLEASE READ

  • jeff_colley@yahoo.co.uk
    Mar 28, 2001
      Patrick said:
      One of the many reasons that I moved to the US. And that I try to only
      buy stuff on vinyl.
      > And that I try to only buy stuff on vinyl.

      interesting. do you think that that's a reason why so much
      underground/indie/experimental/etc stuff gets put out on vinyl, often
      as the main or only format? as a reaction to record company control?

      if anyone has opinions on this i'd love to hear them

      jeff

      --- In thewire@y..., Patrick Oliver <patrick_oliver@y...> wrote:
      > Yes, its utterly evil and despicable. In fact, you'd
      > be even more disgusted by the price of cds in the UK.
      > Several years ago Sir Leon Brittan led a parliamentary
      > inquiry into the whole business of why the British
      > public should have to fork out more than anyone else
      > in the world. The finding of the committee?
      >
      > British people pay more for EVERYTHING.
      >
      > So that explains it.
      >
      > One of the many reasons that I moved to the US.
      >
      > And that I try to only buy stuff on vinyl.
      >
      > There, I said my piece...

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic