10209Re: [thewire] miles davis bio

  • andrew
    Dec 3, 2000
      Miles' autobio is a great read, but is a horrible rip-off of jack
      chalmers' earlier bio, "Milestones 1 & 2". the autobio originally came
      out circa late 80's/90, i think, and the chalmers book was published in
      the early-mid 80's. a lot of critics and music writers tore davis apart
      for mostly rehashing chalmers (and, at some points, word-for-word
      appropriating his earlier book). and to be honest, chalmers is a more
      interesting author (and the revised version is much more detailed) than
      miles and his "co-writer", quincy troupe.

      andrew