US Shows

  • Spike
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 28, 2006
      it looks like they are indeed playing SF.  two nights.  26 and 27 august at the great american music hall.  the gamh is a great small venue - smaller than the fillmore, but about the same size as the independent (where they played last i think; i couldn't attend their shows at the indy).  anyway, that's not indigo touring season, so i think i should be at one of the shows (i'm aiming for saturday night).

      ***
      "you tied a knot and you dared me, the stem of a cherry,
      to find my own humanity, and just let it breathe"
      ~~ amy ray (solo)

      "i'm running to the end of the earth, and i'm swimming to the edge of the sea,
      and i'm laughing, i'm under a starry sky
      this world was meant for me, don't bury me carry me..."
      ~~ amy ray (indigo girls)

      http://www.daemonrecords.com
      http://www.indigogirls.com
      ***
    • David Reichard
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 28, 2006
        Double Wahooo! I'm so there. Tickets go on sale April 30:

        Spike: Great detective work. Thanks!

        - David Reichard

        radiodave@...

        it looks like they are indeed playing SF.  two nights.  26 and 27 august at the great american music hall.  the gamh is a great small venue - smaller than the fillmore, but about the same size as the independent (where they played last i think; i couldn't attend their shows at the indy).  anyway, that's not indigo touring season, so i think i should be at one of the shows (i'm aiming for saturday night).

      • mrfosterfreeze
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2006
          Ticketmaster has the Waifs @ the Triple Door in Seattle on 8/23. A
          much better venue than the last couple of Seattle trips.
          I already have my tickets!

          BGM

          --- In thewaifs@yahoogroups.com, "David Reichard" <radiodave@...> wrote:

          > Double Wahooo! I'm so there. Tickets go on sale April 30:
          >
          > http://www.musichallsf.com/artist_pages/waifs_082606.htm
          > <http://www.musichallsf.com/calendar/august2006.html>
          >
          > Spike: Great detective work. Thanks!
          >

          > - David Reichard
          >
          > radiodave@...
          >

          > _____

          Behalf
          > Of Spike
          > Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 9:38 AM
          > To: thewaifs@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [thewaifs] US Shows
          >

          > it looks like they are indeed playing SF. two nights. 26 and 27
          august at
          > the great american music hall. the gamh is a great small venue -
          smaller
          > than the fillmore, but about the same size as the independent (where
          they
          > played last i think; i couldn't attend their shows at the indy).
          anyway,
          > that's not indigo touring season, so i think i should be at one of
          the shows
          > (i'm aiming for saturday night).

        • phil davis
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 29 9:22 PM

            thanks for the surprise at the post office today Melissa!  That is sooo cool, I love it!
            And thanks for the updates on Shows, Dave.  It's great to plan a city visit, around 4/20!
            They are also on the lineup at the California Worldfest in July, up in Grass Valley.    It's usually a cooker there, but the radio station in grass valley, comes in just fine, on the top of our ski  hill, on the north side,  and it's about 30 degrees cooler!   Last time they played there, (05 maybe?) I got to hear Sentimental for the first time, on that mountain top, as the sun went over the hill, with distant lighting strikes in the thunder clouds on some distant mountain tops.  I don't know if I can ever top that live show (via radio), it was spectacular!

            those "wow" moments just come right at ya, and then they are gone!

            Cheers, Phil

          • Sarah Groube
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 30 12:19 AM
              The wow moment are never 'gone' Phil baby.  Luckily we seem to be made up of a tapestry of a bunch of them, courtesy of the wonderful Waifs and facilitated sometimes through our Waify buddies.

              What a massive tour through the US.  I couldn't help wishing it was the schedule for '09 as it's possible I'll be up in Oregon around that time and could have feasibly caught the Seattle, Oregon and Eugene shows... I'll be recommending that road trip to a few buddies for this year at the very least and crossing my fingers that they repeat it next year too.

              They really are beautiful at the moment.  Not that they aren't always beautiful (!) but you know what I mean.  You're going to love these shows.

              Hooroo,

              Sarah G

              To: thewaifs@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 30 1:40 AM
                No probs Phil, I thought you would enjoy it. That's why I got the gift from Pattie.

                Melissa xxxxxx

                (check out "The Waifs")

                Listen now! New music from the Rogue Traders.
              • Tash Richardson
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 30 2:27 AM
                  yay!! off tomorrow morning for the long drive down to melbs then out to ballarat on satdy for the waifs show... cant frickin wait, will let ya all know how it goes when i get back!! woot woot!

                  peace
                  tash

                  To: thewaifs@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 30 6:14 PM
                    You lucky thing, are you still going to the Enmore gig?

                    Melissa xxxxxx

                    (check out "The Waifs")

                    To: thewaifs@yahoogroups.com
                    From: unetface@...
                    Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:27:27 +1100
                    Subject: RE: [thewaifs]

                    To: thewaifs@yahoogroup s.com
                    From: melrhijar@hotmail. com
                    Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:40:44 +1100

                    No probs Phil, I thought you would enjoy it. That's why I got the gift from Pattie.

                    Melissa xxxxxx

                    (check out "The Waifs")

                    Listen now! New music from the Rogue Traders.

                    Listen now! New music from the Rogue Traders.

                    Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au. It's simple!
                  • radiodave2
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 26, 2017

                      Here's some 2017 US shows coming up:

                      Wednesday 21 June The Triple Door, Seattle WA (That's Washington state, not West Australia :) per songkick.com

                      Thursday 22 June Rio Theatre, Santa Cruz CA (per riotheatre.com - thanks for the alert, John Vitale!

                      Friday June 23 Kate Wolf, Laytonville CA per katewolfmusicfestival.com

                      Saturday June 24 Kate Wolf, Laytonville CA per katewolfmusicfestival.com

                      ?? I bet there will be a lot more shows between California and Virginia...

                      Wednesday 23 August Tin Pan, Richmond VA per songkick.com and facebook.com/thewaifs

                      Wednesday 30 August Ravina Highland Park IL per thewaifs.com and ravinia.org

                      I'll be at Kate Wolf (2 shows!) starting Thursday so will miss the Santa Cruz show, darn.

                      -radiodave

                    • Sarah Groube
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 27, 2017

                        Great detective work Radio Dave!

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 27, 2017
                          Thanks for the shout-out, Dave!  We can't make it to Kate Wolf, unfortunately.  But, just got my tickets for Santa Cruz - We'll miss you!  Love the new album - That was quite the deal for the pre-order.

                          Take care,

                          John