NEW PACIFIC WAR BOOK

  • Vic1949FL
    Message 1 of 72 , Aug 2 7:10 AM
      RE: Stephen Ambrose, best selling author:
      usshouston.org ... follow this message thread.<br>(Via Val Poss/
      CA-30, Next Generation ca30ng@...)<br><br>Greetings!
      I am a staff dentist at the VA Med. Ctr in Lyons
      N.J. I am acquainted with Otto Schwarz and was Phil
      Gans's dentist before he passed away. So I have a large
      soft spot in my heart for the Houston and it's
      crew.<br><br>The reason for this letter follows: I
      recently<br>finished a book by Stephen Ambrose called
      "Citizen<br>Soldiers". It covers our GI's from D-Day through V-E day in
      Europe and brings out the every day hardships our
      soldiers faced. The book, as well as most of his books,
      was a best-seller.<br><br>I contacted the author and
      found out that he is now researching for a companion
      book to "Citizen Soldiers" about the war in the
      Pacific. He is anxious to have veteran's of that theater
      send him either written or taped accounts of thier
      experiences. My first thought was of the Houston and it's
      crew. There is an open letter to Pacific War vets on
      his home page, which is listed below. I hope you can
      get this information out to the Houston survivors so
      they can contribute their experiences to what I am
      sure will become another
      Valley, NJ<br><br>FOLLOW THIS MESSAGE THREAD
    • scout1026
      Message 72 of 72 , Apr 3, 2002
        Excellent idea.

        I have posted your idea on two other popular forums
        history channel ww2 discussion board
        military.com ww2 board

        tom
        --- In theusasiaticfleet@y..., meeoowhouse1 wrote:
        > I am requesting the US Post Office to make a
        > stamp to commemorate the Asiatic Fleet. Please send
        > your letters and ideas to the below
        Postal