Who was ComYanPat on 12/12/37 ????

  • leviatha29
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2010
      I have just finished H.D. Perry's "The Panay Incident" (for the third time) recently. I realized after the fact that he did not not mention who was the CO of YagPat at the time of the Panay sinking. I presume that he was based on Luzon in Shanghai at the time as Oahu was upstream assisting in the rescue effort. I also did not see any personal mention of this individual made by Kemp Tolley in "Yag-Tze Patrol".

      Any input will be appreciated here. Thank you

      Peter Motyka, Plymouth Mass.
    • robert owen
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2010
        Admiral Yarnell I believe

        Robert

        On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 11:46 AM, leviatha29 <peterbigbass@...> wrote:

        > I have just finished H.D. Perry's "The Panay Incident" (for the third time)
        > recently. I realized after the fact that he did not not mention who was the
        > CO of YagPat at the time of the Panay sinking. I presume that he was based
        > on Luzon in Shanghai at the time as Oahu was upstream assisting in the
        > rescue effort. I also did not see any personal mention of this individual
        > made by Kemp Tolley in "Yag-Tze Patrol".
        >
        > Any input will be appreciated here. Thank you
        >
        > Peter Motyka, Plymouth Mass.

      • Steven Bryson
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2010
          Hello,

          The CO of the Yangtze Patrol at the time of the USS Panay sinking was Rear
          Admiral Edward J. Marquart.  Admiral Harry E. Yarnell was Commander, U.S.
          Asiatic Fleet, at the time of the sinking.

          Take care,

          Steve Bryson