Where was the coal quay used by naval ships in Shanghai?

  • swordpen58
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2010
      I need some help from you old China hands.

      No one's going to make you pay for it if you lost it, but I'd sure like
      to know where it was in the early 20th Century.

      My guess it was on the northern bank of the Whangpoo River either just
      east of Soochow Creek or on the same bank South of the Old Chinese City.

      ~~~~~~~~~
      R. L. Crossland
      CAPT USN (Ret.)
      http://dreadnaughts-bluejackets.com
      <http://dreadnaughts-bluejackets.com/>

      "'Old Navy' is a battle cry, not a brand name."

      "Whatever happens, we have got
      the Maxim gun, and they have not." - H. Belloc