2009 USN SCYAF Reunion

  • meeoowhouse1
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2008
      The USAFR will be Thursday- Sunday 27-30 August 2009, in the Hyatt Fair
      Lakes hotel Fairfax, VA.

      Room rate $89.00 with complimentary Airport service Washington DULLES
      AIRPORT.

      Visit to WWII and Navy Memorials, Friday 28th August 2009.

      Firm Program will be published in January 2009; Preliminary
      information, soon.
    • douglas norman
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2008
        Thank you . . . I hope to attend.  Douglas Norman, son of Donald E. Norman, CWO, deceased.  My father served aboard the Asheville, 1933-34.

        HI PASS SPORTS
        2435  B  ALPINE BOULEVARD
        ALPINE, CA  91901
        (619) 445-4039
        www.hipasssports.com
        hipasssports@...
        "Give us a shot for your shooting needs"

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2008
          I would also add that two well stocked bookstores, Borders & Barnes &
          Nobles, are close by as well as Fair Oaks, Tysons Corner, Potomac
          Mills, and the Galleria Mall(?) (by the Pentagon) are close by for
          shopping. I can also tell you which used books stores in the area are
          worth your time to visit.

          The Washington Navy Yard museums are fun, there is a docked ship for
          touring, and the Navy Historical Center is located at the Navy Yard
          also. The downtown National Archives is across from the Navy Memorial
          and Archives II at Adelphi, MD, has lotsd of research materials. I'd
          also add that the US Naval Academy is about 50 some miles away in
          Annapolis.

          There is also a dedicated spot at Arlington Nat Cem for the Asiatic
          Fleet as I recall.

          Robert Owen

          --- In theusasiaticfleet@yahoogroups.com, meeoowhouse1 <no_reply@...>
          wrote:

          > The USAFR will be Thursday- Sunday 27-30 August 2009, in the Hyatt
          Fair
          > Lakes hotel Fairfax, VA.
          >
          > Room rate $89.00 with complimentary Airport service Washington DULLES
          > AIRPORT.
          >
          > Visit to WWII and Navy Memorials, Friday 28th August 2009.
          >
          > Firm Program will be published in January 2009; Preliminary
          > information, soon.

        • meeoowhouse1
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
            Hi Douglas! I look forward to meeting you.

            Sincerely,

            Kelley

            --- In theusasiaticfleet@yahoogroups.com, douglas norman