Military-Discussion.com

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2007
      Hey guys,

      Just want to extend another invitation to join my site, Military-
      Discussions.com

      It's a free site for those with an interest in military history,
      military affairs, and current events and crises in the world.

      We are recruiting contributors (to find and post up articles from news
      services and such), writers (to contribute essays and analysis of
      global world events and past military events), and moderators (to help
      keep the board free of spam and ensure the board remains respectful of
      other people's views.

      If you are interested, or if you hhave any questions please feel free
      to contact me at kevin@military-discussion.

      Kevin Wu
    • Donald Versaw
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2007
        Hi Mr. Wu,
        Say we have another gentleman by that name in our weekly computer class. He's quite a fellow too. Well, I served on the Asiatic Station with 4th Marines at Shanghai 194-41 and left with the unit just before WWII. I've always been interested in learning as much as I can about the US destroyer, USS John D. Edwards and the USS Boston, a heavy cruiser that was deployed in the Pacific late in WWII and for a time afterwards. I am interesting in your board and willing to try and answer questions.
        Thanks for your e-mail
        Donald Versaw
        MSgt USMC(ret)

        Kevin <kwumail@...> wrote: Hey guys,

        Just want to extend another invitation to join my site, Military-
        Discussions.com

        It's a free site for those with an interest in military history,
        military affairs, and current events and crises in the world.

        We are recruiting contributors (to find and post up articles from news
        services and such), writers (to contribute essays and analysis of
        global world events and past military events), and moderators (to help
        keep the board free of spam and ensure the board remains respectful of
        other people's views.

        If you are interested, or if you hhave any questions please feel free
        to contact me at kevin@military-discussion.

        Kevin Wu

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Commander L. B. Dorny, USN (ret.)
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
          Donald Versaw from Lou Dorny...

          Your note says you left China with the Fourth Marines at the very end. President Madison or President Harrison, or other? That's an interesting area and time to me. How did you move on out of the Philippines, or did you... before the war?

          JOHN D. FORD... yes, a real hot runner at the time. Did you spend some time on her?

          Any memories of the Navy's patrol flying boats out there at the time? VP 101 and VP 102 were flying PBY Catalinas.

          Where had you been stationed in China? Peiping, Tientsin, Chinwangtao, Shanghai? Not many Marines got out of the PI after the war started.

          By chance did you know a big, bald Marine by the name of Zabriski? Sargeant, I think.

          Did you ever spend any time at Olongapo? Mariveles? Cavite? Sail in HENDERSON, CHAUMONT, or one of the cruisers, HOUSTON or MARBLEHEAD? LANGLEY?

          Yea, I'm writin' a book... about Patrol Wing TEN, the flying boats. Let me know something of your experience our there back then.

          Cheers, Lou

          L. B. Dorny
          Seattle, WA
          NPO21@...<mailto:NPO21@...>