New Member

  • Stephen Greene
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2007
      Hello everyone,My name is Stephen.I'm happy to see there is someplace
      i can visit that covers the asiatic fleet,i've had a long standing
      interest in what i call the ignored fleet. I had the privilege of
      Serving aboard the The U.S.S.Robert E.PEARY FF1073,Named after the
      U.S.S.PEARY DD226,and in my travels managed to see and travel through
      some of the same areas that the ABDA fleet saw,I also had the honor of
      Meeting 2 former crew of the PEARY Mr.Dallas Widick (he was also on
      the HOUSTON) and Mr.Melvin Duke.Mr Widick and i shared a few sea
      stories and he also gave me some insight to life aboard the
      Peary,liberty in China,The Phillipines and even some stories about the
      escape to Australia.Sadly both men have passed away,but by talking
      with them i got a renewed interest in the forgotten fleet.hopefully i
      will be able to contribute to this site,and also learn a few
      things,V/R Stephen Greene
    • Stephen Greene
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2007
        OOPs! i posted an introduction in here somewheres,i thought it would
        show on the home page? excuse me,i'm not very computer savvy. maybe i
        can do a little homework and post it where everyone can read it