USS Houston

  • rnelson1936
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
      The new book SHIP OF GHOSTS by James D. Hornfischer is a must read for
      all of us who are interested in the Asiatic Fleet. It tells the story
      of the HOUSTON and her survivors very well.
    • Brandon Trent
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 25, 2006
        This months Issue of Naval History Magazine featured an article on the fight in Sunda Straight by Horfischer.

        rnelson1936 <rnelson1936@...> wrote: The new book SHIP OF GHOSTS by James D. Hornfischer is a must read for
        all of us who are interested in the Asiatic Fleet. It tells the story
        of the HOUSTON and her survivors very well.

      • Vic Campbell
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 26, 2006
          I look forward to the article - having recently completed the book. It
          is truly an excellent work and should be widely read. May I also
          suggest a recent work by Capt. Wicke Alford of the Asiatic Fleet. His
          book "Playing for Time" is a different sort of work, but one of an
          eyewitness to the events of the time. His work brings a personal
          flavor of the the times and the events to bear on the subject. More at
          chinagunboat.blogspot.com and usshouston.blogspot.com . Enjoy!