I added a photo

  • enideros
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2006
      Hello all,

      This is Eric Niderost, and I have added a photo to the "album"-- it's a
      picture of the 1st battalion, Fourth Marines withdrawing from Shanghai,
      Nov 28, 1941. In the shot there's a good friend of mine, bandsman Don
      Versaw, playing the French horn...
      Never forget the marines were part of the fleet, too!

      THis is a kind of "advertisement," because my interview of Don versaw
      will be in an upcoming issue of World War II History magazine

      Perhaps some of you have seen my other recent articles:"The Lost
      leathernecks" (China marines) WWII magazine, November 2005
      ; "Escaped POW's Chinese Odyssey," WWII magazine, April 2006, (story of
      Lt Commander CD Smith USNR of the gunboat WAKE),"Dress Rehersal for a
      World War" (Sino-Japanese war in 1937), World War II history, Nov 2003-
      -
      more are coming!!!!

      eric