China GunBoat Blog

  • Vic Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2005
      Walter Ashe is trying to get his blog going. IT is essentially a
      duplicate of what goes in their Newsletter and more. I am trying to
      help him out with some photos and etc. The blog is located at
      http://www.chinagunboat.blogspot.com. Please drop in. Leave comments
      and selec t the mail icon to let others know about it. I am web
      master emeritus for USS Houston (http://www.usshouston.org) and still
      provide some help there when I can. It is my hope to complete a DVD
      update version of "Death Becomes The Ghost" (USS Houston and Crew)
      this year. My own blog channels, with interesting video features is
      http://www.eggzono.tv . (IN Country with Uncle Vic channel).
      I hope to bring variuos veteran interviews into the blog over time.
      Is there an Asiatic Fleet gathering sometime in September 2005? I
      know there was a gathering in May, but I could not go to it. I have a
      collection of taped ingterviews of Asiatic Vets from the 1997? reunion
      in Washington and hope to transfer those to DVD soon. A USS Perch
      (sub) veteran's son contacted me interested in a copy of the interview
      I did there. I have never used these interviews, but they do need to
      be made available to people. There would be some fee involved,
      probably around $25 a copy unless huge numbers appear to be possible
      (which I doubt).
      ( my production website is www.buzzcreek.com (formerly grade-a.com).