CHEFOO (YANTAI) CHINA SUMMER BASE FOR THE ASIATIC FLEET.........................

  • yanshida
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2005
      Greetings,
      I am currently doing historical research about the City of Yantai,
      formerly known as Chefoo. As you must know, the Asiatic Fleet had its
      summer base in Chefoo. I am looking for personal reminiscences,
      stories, and accounts from anyone who was a crew member aboard any of
      the ships that visited Chefoo during the 1920s and 30s.

      Please contact me at the following e-mail address:

      Ted Margrett

      yanshida@...

      Thank you and best regards.