[The US Asiatic Fleet] Re: Looking for Paul Jones Crewmen

  • clayramsey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2004
      DOn - I am *SO* sorry for the delay in replying - we had our son a
      little while back and the group has slipped my mind ntil tonight.

      Try this for UASF 4 pipers:

      U.S. ASIATIC FLEET FOUR-STACK DESTROYERS
      J. Daniel Mullin
      1105 Whitehall Drive
      Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
      (843) 884-2360

      --- In theusasiaticfleet@yahoogroups.com, Donald Bronson
      <donbronson41@y...> wrote:
      > No, Clay, I haven't. Do you know how I do that?
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Don Bronson
      >
      > clayramsey <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > Don - have you contacted the Asiatic Fleet Assn yet?
      >

      > --- In theusasiaticfleet@yahoogroups.com, "donbronson41"
      > <donbronson41@y...> wrote:
      > > My Uncle was on the Paul Jones at the start of
      > > the War with Japan.
      > >
      > > His name is Bruce Enyart. He is/was a Machinists Mate.
      > >
      > > Would like to put him in touch with any of his old
      > > shipmates.
      > >
      > > Sincerely,
      > > OSCS (Ret) Don Bronson

      Service.

    • vic@buzzcreek.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2004
        Sorry, just getting to this..
        I am almost certain Charles Ankerberg was in the Paul Jones...
        See these contacts:::: Asiatic Fleet.
        Sorry i have been off this board a long time.
        vic www.usshouston.org

        Jack Slayter
        410-235-4471

        Walter Ashe
        828-258-2446

        Clarance Wills
        773-779-4727

        Dan Mullins
        843-884-2360

        Charles Ankerberg
        727-867-3891
        Akerberg was in a 4 piper tin-can too. His ship survived this mess
        and Charlie later went to flight school and came back to the Pacific
        War as a Corsair pilot with the Navy.