Re: Looking for Paul Jones Crewmen

  • clayramsey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2004
      Don - have you contacted the Asiatic Fleet Assn yet?

      --- In theusasiaticfleet@yahoogroups.com, "donbronson41"
      <donbronson41@y...> wrote:
      > My Uncle was on the Paul Jones at the start of
      > the War with Japan.
      >
      > His name is Bruce Enyart. He is/was a Machinists Mate.
      >
      > Would like to put him in touch with any of his old
      > shipmates.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > OSCS (Ret) Don Bronson
    • Donald Bronson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 25, 2004
        No, Clay, I haven't. Do you know how I do that?

        Sincerely,
        Don Bronson

        <donbronson41@y...> wrote:
        > My Uncle was on the Paul Jones at the start of
        > the War with Japan.
        >
        > His name is Bruce Enyart. He is/was a Machinists Mate.
        >
        > Would like to put him in touch with any of his old
        > shipmates.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > OSCS (Ret) Don Bronson

      • clayramsey
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 26, 2004
          DOn - I am *SO* sorry for the delay in replying - we had our son a
          little while back and the group has slipped my mind ntil tonight.

          Try this for UASF 4 pipers:

          U.S. ASIATIC FLEET FOUR-STACK DESTROYERS
          J. Daniel Mullin
          1105 Whitehall Drive
          Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
          (843) 884-2360

          --- In theusasiaticfleet@yahoogroups.com, Donald Bronson
          <donbronson41@y...> wrote:
          > No, Clay, I haven't. Do you know how I do that?
          >
          > Sincerely,
          > Don Bronson
          >
          > clayramsey <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > Don - have you contacted the Asiatic Fleet Assn yet?
          >

          > --- In theusasiaticfleet@yahoogroups.com, "donbronson41"
          > <donbronson41@y...> wrote:
          > > My Uncle was on the Paul Jones at the start of
          > > the War with Japan.
          > >
          > > His name is Bruce Enyart. He is/was a Machinists Mate.
          > >
          > > Would like to put him in touch with any of his old
          > > shipmates.
          > >
          > > Sincerely,
          > > OSCS (Ret) Don Bronson

          Service.

        • vic@buzzcreek.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 28, 2004
            Sorry, just getting to this..
            I am almost certain Charles Ankerberg was in the Paul Jones...
            See these contacts:::: Asiatic Fleet.
            Sorry i have been off this board a long time.
            vic www.usshouston.org

            Jack Slayter
            410-235-4471

            Walter Ashe
            828-258-2446

            Clarance Wills
            773-779-4727

            Dan Mullins
            843-884-2360

            Charles Ankerberg
            727-867-3891
            Akerberg was in a 4 piper tin-can too. His ship survived this mess
            and Charlie later went to flight school and came back to the Pacific
            War as a Corsair pilot with the Navy.