Re: Fw: [PBY] FW: Virus Warning

  • jimhathaway2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2003
      Hi Michael,
      This is a hoax that has been around for a while- jdbgmgr.exe is a
      normal component of Windows and will be on any Windows system.
      The good news is deleting it will not affect the system unless you
      work with Java. You need to go to the Microsoft site if you need to
      restore it.
      There are several variations of this, so if you get a message
      telling you to delete something found on your computer, it is a good
      idea to type the file name into your search engine, and one of the
      sites run by the antivirus providers should be able to tell you what
      it is- Particularly if it gives you a file, and perfectly describes
      the symbol you see when you search for it, you should smell a rat.
      Jim Hathaway