New Photos Posted

  • jimhathaway2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27 1:05 PM
      I hope this club is still active-
      I just posted 3 photos to the photo section- they are letter covers
      I added to my collection. All three are from China Gunboats.
      First is one from USS Monocacy, posted in Hankow in 1938. It carries
      a memorial to USS Panay.
      Second is also from Monocacy, posted 1934 in Hankow, with tan
      inscription to the Asiatic Fleet "Flying Old Glory In Foriegn Waters"
      Third is from USS Palos, posted Chungking 1935.
      One end of the envelop reads "From USS Palos, Chungking, China,
      Szechwan Provence, 1500 miles up the Yangtze Kiang River.
      USS Palos and Monocacy were sisterships, and by the thirties were,
      as was described in "The Sand Pebbles" kept up river, and only came
      down every couple of years for overhaul.- Jim Hathaway