"Faith" by Joseph Y. Lee

  • josephylee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2008
      Faith
      By Joseph Yosuk Lee

      Many non-Christians have told me that they just
      can not believe what the Bible says. The obvious
      problem is that those struggling non-Christians
      lack faith. So, what is faith?

      Now, faith is the assurance of things hoped for,
      the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1 NASB

      Many non-Christians consider faith to be blind, stupid,
      and illogical. However, listen to this argument. How do
      you know that your mother is your real mother? You may
      say that your mother told you that you are her son or
      daughter. It is equally possible that she could have
      lied about your being her child. So, how do you know that
      she is not lying? You may say that your mom takes good
      care of you and that no mother would take good care of
      her non-biological child. Then, I say that there are
      many parents who love and take care of their adopted
      children just as much as the real parents would.
      According to the logic of this argument, I can say that
      your affirmation of your parents to be your real parents
      is blind, stupid, and illogical. Anyway, how can you say
      that your mother is your real mother when you never saw
      your mother at birth? Do you have a photograph of your
      birth? If you do have a photograph, how do you know that
      the photograph is not a computer generated fake? How do
      you know that your mother is not lying to you? The answer
      is "faith."

      In order to believe in the Bible, you need to have some
      faith. So, how do you get this faith? You get this faith
      by hearing the Word of God.

      So, faith comes from hearing, and hearing the word of
      Christ. Romans 10:17 NASB

      You can read the Bible and listen to your pastor's messages
      to acquire this faith.

      Joseph Yosuk Lee
      Member of Usher Committee
      Sarang Community Church at Seoul, South Korea

      Prayer Requests:

      1. Please pray for my mother, father, and younger brother
      Richard that they will worship our Jesus as their Savior and
      Lord.

      2. Please also pray that they will also realize both money
      invested and time invested building relationships with
      people for God's glory is eternal.

      3. Please pray that my father will not have any serious heart
      problems after he had his heart attack on September 1, 2001.

      4. Please pray for my success at Samsung by publishing
      more papers and patents. Please pray for my health by losing
      more weight and by exercising 4 times per week.

      5. Please pray that I will tame my foolish tongue in terms of
      arguing with my father, mother, and younger brother related to
      the Bible, church, God, finances, and other issues of pride.

      Copyright - CHEMISTRY (CHristian E-mail MIniSTRY)
      _http://www.josephylee.org/_ (http://www.josephylee.org/)

      If you want to send your e-mails to other believers, join
      this e-mail list at Christians_Chatting@...
      and go to _www.google.com_ (http://www.google.com/) and click on groups.

      Skype ID: joseph.y.lee
      MSN Messenger ID: joseph_y_lee@...

      To join my weekly e-mail list, send an e-mail at
      josephylee-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      deal here.