"Trinity - Jesus" by Joseph Y. Lee

  • josephylee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      "The Son of God"
      Trinity Part III
      A Biblical Defense against the Teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses
      by Joseph Yosuk Lee

      This is how Christian Research Institute defines trinity: "In the nature
      of one eternal God, there are three eternally distinct Persons, the Father,
      the Son, and Holy Spirit. All three are the same God, all fully God, yet
      the Father is neither the Son nor the Spirit, the Son is neither the Father
      nor the Spirit, and the Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son." I have
      already discussed the God and the person aspect of the Holy Spirit, God
      the Father, and verses about trinity in previous pamphlets.

      Not only is Jesus Christ a person, but He is 100% man and 100% God.
      Colossians 2:9 says, "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in
      bodily form." Now, we discuss the divinity of Christ:

      1. "And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, 'Thus you shall
      say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has send me to you.''" Exodus 3:14

      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was
      born, I AM,'" John 8:58 (I AM emphasis is mine).

      2. "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given; And the
      government will rest on His shoulder; And his name will be called
      Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."
      Isaiah 9:6

      3. "Thomas answered and said to Him (Jesus), 'My Lord and my God!'"
      John 20:28

      "Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed;
      blessed are those who have not seen me and yet have believed.'"

      David A. Reed, a former Jehovah's Witness and presently a member of
      the First Baptist Church, said, "If Thomas had said 'God' in vain,
      Jesus would surely have rebuked him for it, but, instead, he
      acknowledge that Thomas had finally 'believed.' Believed what? That
      Jesus Christ is both Lord and Savior!"

      4. "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of
      our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus." Titus 2:13

      Please note that many Jehovah's Witnesses claim that this verse tells
      about one God and another person Jesus Christ. However, Titus 2:13
      did not say, "our great God and the Savior Jesus Christ." Paul did not
      put an article before the word Savior, and it is clear that he saw Jesus
      as our great God.

      5. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the
      Word was God." John 1:1

      "The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we behold His glory,
      glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."
      John 1:14

      "For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized
      through Jesus Christ." John 1:17

      Notice the connection in "Word = God (John 1:1) = Word = flesh = grace
      and truth (John 1:14) = Jesus (John 1:17)." If John meant to say that
      Jesus was a lesser form of the 100% God, he would have used the Greek
      word "theios" instead of "theos." The Greek word "logos" means "Word"
      and it also means "wisdom from God."

      6. "You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for
      yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the
      earth beneath or in the water under the earth." Exodus 20:3-5

      "And when He again brings the first born (Jesus) into the world, He
      says, 'AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM.'" Hebrews 1:6

      7. The Jews recognized that Jesus claimed to be God when they say, "For
      a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You,
      being a man, make Yourself out to be God." John 10:33

      Last of all, you can see that trinity is stated in Matthew 28:19, which
      says, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them
      in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit." Note that
      word "name" in the verse is singular which shows one God in three persons.
      The Three are equal in power and glory but distinct from one another.

      Suggested References by Joseph Yosuk Lee:

      Jehovah's Witnesses Answered Verse by Verse by David A. Reed

      Do Christians Believe in Three Gods?, which is a pamphlet sponsored
      by RBC (Resources for Biblical Communication).

      If you want to buy these books at reduced prices from CBD (Christian
      Book Distributors), call (800) CHRISTIAN. Also call the Chapel Store
      at (714) 540-2941.

      Copyright - CHEMISTRY (CHristian E-mail MiniSTRY)
      E-mail - JosephYLee@...
      Website - http://www.josephylee.org