Re: [The Teen Atheists] USA's pledge of allegiance banned by Ebay, France & Germany ?!?!?!?!?!?!

  • Eoghan R
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      Looking at the photo, I can see why it was banned.

      Look at the people in the photo - a mob of people blindly saluting a
      piece of old sheet.

      Unthinking, blind patriotism is no less safe just because it's in
      English.
      Eoghan

      --- rex <rexy@...> wrote:
      > A photograph of the original pledge of allegiance to the flag of the
      > USA was
      > banned in a sale on Ebay. As explanation for the ban of America's
      > heritage,
      > Ebay cited it's policy against items related to Nazism. The historic
      > photo
      > and the Ebay letter are at http://rexcurry.net/pledgeban.html
      >
      > Some questions are raised by ebay's actions and there are no clear
      > answers
      > from Ebay's letter -
      >
      > Is Ebay acknowledging that the U.S.'s original pledge of allegiance
      > (which
      > originally used a straight-arm salute) was the origin of the Nazi
      > salute?
      > (as exposed by the historian Rex Curry at
      > http://rexcurry.net/pledgesalute.html Additional eye-popping
      > photos are
      > at http://rexcurry.net/pledge2.html
      >
      > Does Ebay believe that historic photographs of America's original
      > pledge
      > violate laws in countries that ban Nazi depictions? (Selling or
      > displaying
      > Nazi artifacts is illegal in France. Germany is similar. In other
      > words, is
      > the U.S. pledge a Nazi artifact? Is it illegal to display / sell
      > historic
      > photographs of the original USA pledge in France and/or Germany?)

      You say that I'm a left-wing, tree-hugging, bleeding-heart liberal like that's supposed to be a BAD thing!