New to Atheism

  • kurtcobain_4_4_94
    Message 1 of 3377 , Dec 5, 2001
      Hey I am 15/M/MS<br>I don't believe in God. I
      have thought about this for over a year now, and I
      came to the conclusion that there is no God. I was
      never wanting proof that God existed before because i
      really wouldnt care if there was, but I go to church
      every sunday and stare at everyone else while they
      pray.<br>I see a lot of people cry and hold their hands up
      during songs.... and i realize how fake it is. If there
      was a God why would he make us worship him... that's
      kind of vain isnt it? and why would he want us to cry
      while we worship him? why would he let us go through
      pain and sufferage? Why would he let us think freely
      about what to believe? if he wuz real we would know...
      we wouldnt be talking about the subject...i am
      currently reading a book by an atheist living in the 1700's
      his name is Thomas Paine and his book is titled Age
      of Reason... you should all read it... it is
      great...
    • laura_87_2004
      Message 3377 of 3377 , Apr 27, 2002
        I totally agree with you. I am not an athiest right now, but the
        only reason I went to church and prayed and things like that was
        because my parents told me it was right. Now I'm on my search for a
        religion that fits me. But whenever I have kids I don't think that
        religion should be incorporated to them unless they are exposed to as
        many kinds as possible.