Hello...

  • marsflamepower
    Message 1 of 3377 , Nov 13, 2001
      I think that belief in god is kind of like when
      beggars on the street work for money and all of a sudden
      one person finds a piece of tin foil and pretty soon
      the person shows it to all of his friends and
      eventually the whole group is worshiping the tin foil like
      is was an idol...<br>You see, people fear life in
      general, therefore they create an idol to escape all their
      problems...<br>Tell me what you think of this message, I'm giving a
      speech on Atheism at a local
      college...<br>thanx!<br>*Shelly*
    • laura_87_2004
      Message 3377 of 3377 , Apr 27, 2002
        I totally agree with you. I am not an athiest right now, but the
        only reason I went to church and prayed and things like that was
        because my parents told me it was right. Now I'm on my search for a
        religion that fits me. But whenever I have kids I don't think that
        religion should be incorporated to them unless they are exposed to as
        many kinds as possible.