I agree

  • theburser
    Message 1 of 3377 , May 1, 2001
      Yes you areright when you say that there is no
      respect for athiests. The reason is they don't understand
      why we beleive like we do, and they are afraid. So
      inturnthey respond they only way they know how. Hundreds of
      years ago (if there were any atheists) they would have
      simply killed us and gotten red of the problem to thier
      society. I myself do have friends that think they
      understandwhy i am what I am. So when i ask them why they are
      what they are they simply say they were raised that
      way. I myself was raised catholic and so I understand
      what they say, but the reason I am atheist is that I
      feal I Don't need a god to rest on. <br> When people
      are talking at school about religion i back away
      because i know what will happen if I but in. they will
      say that I worship the devil and all that crap which
      you have probebly heard before. But strangly enough I
      still respect the fact that much of the world needs a
      god. when others are barating say catholisism I do try
      to stop them. And I do thet just to respect how I
      was grown up. Yet why don't they do the sam for me,
      those weak minded fools. But in the end I just back
      off. it is better to let them destroy each other and
      not me.
    • laura_87_2004
      Message 3377 of 3377 , Apr 27, 2002
        I totally agree with you. I am not an athiest right now, but the
        only reason I went to church and prayed and things like that was
        because my parents told me it was right. Now I'm on my search for a
        religion that fits me. But whenever I have kids I don't think that
        religion should be incorporated to them unless they are exposed to as
        many kinds as possible.