Hi, I am a new member!!!

  • Feelinred29
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 23, 2000
      Hi my name is Krystal and I am a new member of
      this club..I see it has been quite sometime since
      there has been much activity here. I have invited a few
      of my friends to come over and visit. Kahlil Gibran
      is a lifelong favorite of mine. "The Prophet" to me
      was his truest way to love. In a series of books I
      read (Conversations With God)and study I was very
      happy to see that this was one of the recommended
      readings.I am very happy to see you are here.<br>Love and
      Light<br>Krystal
    • Feelinred29
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 24, 2000
        Hi it's a beautiful new day and I am curious,
        Where is everyone?? I brought a few friends over with
        me as you will probably notice and wanted to discuss
        some Kahlil Gibran topics..<br>Love and
        Light<br>krystal
      • IDLE_007
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 25, 2000
          I am the one who is impresed Kahlil Gibran's
          works.<br>I think his Philosophical thinking is Heraclitus
          who concerned with the meaning of opporsite things.
          thinking such as Punnishment chapter in The Prophet. I
          really have a difficult time to imagine how the victim
          has to be responsible in the thing that the victim
          doesn't do but he/she is performed by someone else.
          Still, I have a vague idea toward this thing, or perhaps
          someone could guide me ,
        • awarness_2000
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 31 6:42 AM
            Do you know that Gebran Khalil Gebran was not
            only a writer and poet but also a artist making
            sculptures and paintings and drawings. <br>Some of his
            paintings are depicted in his books.<br>I visited his
            museum high up in the mountains in he place he was born
            in Lebanon this summer.<br>Some of his painting can
            be found in different museums world wide. I do not
            know about his sculptures, but I know he studied with
            Rodin in Paris for a while.<br>I have read almost all
            of his books and this man is a visionary.<br>I hope
            we have more discussions about his work and
            specially his words on this site, I would enjoy
            that!<br>Nayla
          • PinkDove
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 13, 2000
              When I was 13 years old I was diagnosed with
              juvenial rhemetoid arthritis and for a short time in my
              life could not walk because of it. At that time in my
              life my devolpement from child to woman was occuring
              and I felt completely alone in the world. I turned to
              God in hopes of understanding what was happening to
              me with puberty and arthritis and the suppresion of
              sexual feelings. I thought they were related somehow. I
              vowed to God I would never think a sexual thought again
              if only he would let me walk. (But I lied) In my
              efforts to reach God, or try to relate to him in my
              childish way, my father gave me The Prophet which became
              my bible for life. As I grew to become an artist I
              would spend hours and hours writing in caligraphy
              Gibrans words from that book. While the doctors returned
              my body back to life, so did Gibran with the power
              of his words restore my spirit. His words have been
              the backbone of my life ever since. I have never had
              a flare up again. <br><br>Thank you Red for
              displaying this club on your profile. Thank you Gibran for
              mending my soul.
            • awarness_2000
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 16, 2000
                Thank you Pinkdove for posting your
                story.<br>Gebran has helped many peoples in times of loss and
                sickness.<br>I read his books when I was lying flat in bed with
                a double slipped disks years ago. He gave me hope
                and strength.
              • mohdalpha
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 26, 2001
                  Hi guys , <br>be carful i'm a real fan of gubran
                  so i'll be a regular visitor cause i need help . any
                  body has a website about gubran . i need some help
                  about heim i am writing a research about him due 30
                  april. so i need quick help.
                • mohdalpha
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 26, 2001
                    and (to add)<br>he worked with holland day ( a
                    photographer) who was experimenting photography as an art. he
                    was photographed in varios postures.<br>he was a
                    great artist he went to france and london to study art.
                    he had a small studio in new york then bought a
                    bigger studio .<br>i hope you liked that
                    information.<br>(sorry about the capital letters ) i write fast.
                  • moonshadow00000
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 30, 2001
                      Remembrance is a form of meeting,<br><br>Do not
                      the spirits who dwell in the ether envy man his
                      the sand and the foam,<br>the high tide will erase my
                      footprints,<br>and the wind will blow away the foam.<br>But the sea
                      and shore will remain forever.
                    • evidence_mi
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 8, 2001
                        i just noticed the last posting was in March, Hmmmmm maybe i joined the wrong club ah well.
                      • Cygnus_200
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 12, 2001
                          AND a woman who held a babe against her bosom
                          said, Speak to us of Children.<br><br>And he
                          the sons and daughters of Life's<br>longing for
                          though they are with you yet they<br>belong not to
                          house their bodies but not<br>their souls,<br>For their
                          souls dwell in the house of to-<br>morrow, which you
                          strive to be like them, but seek<br>not to make them
                          like you.<br><br>For life goes not backward nor
                          your children<br>as living arrows are sent
                          infinite, and He bends you with His<br>might that His
                          arrows may go swift and far.<br><br>Let your bending in
                          the archer's hand<br>be for gladness;<br>For even as
                          He loves the arrow that flies,<br>so He loves also
                          the bow that is stable.