Hi to all

  • phillintheuk
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 14, 2000
      great to see a club dedicated to Khalil Gibran, I
      think the Prophet is an awesome book, I also like
      reading anything by Krishnamurti, Ralph Waldo Emmerson,
      and Ralph Waldo Trine, these inspired souls had one
      thing in common, there wisdom was beyond belief
      systems, club mentality, etc, it was universal, from the
      heart or soul of man...
    • secret_ocean17
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 1, 2000
      • vikki_ph
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 2, 2000
          hi. sorry i wasn't online. i only check in the
          morning and at night. kahlil gibran's work was introduced
          to me by a friend. i've been reading his work since.
          do you have any idea if a volume of his complete
          works exist?
        • secret_ocean17
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 20, 2000
            Hi Iara, sorry I haven't checked back in a long
            time. As far as I know there are three volumes in
            existence of Khalil's works, though they contain only
            miscellaneous bits and pieces and first drafts etc. But they
            are beautiful reading. I believe the series begins
            with "A Treasury of Khalil Gibran", followed by "A
            Second Treasury etc" and so on. Also, have you
            researched the world wide web for a complete lists of his
            works? Often you can find whole texts
          • Feelinred29
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 23, 2000
              Hi my name is Krystal and I am a new member of
              this club..I see it has been quite sometime since
              there has been much activity here. I have invited a few
              of my friends to come over and visit. Kahlil Gibran
              is a lifelong favorite of mine. "The Prophet" to me
              was his truest way to love. In a series of books I
              read (Conversations With God)and study I was very
              happy to see that this was one of the recommended
              readings.I am very happy to see you are here.<br>Love and
              Light<br>Krystal
            • Feelinred29
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 24, 2000
                Hi it's a beautiful new day and I am curious,
                Where is everyone?? I brought a few friends over with
                me as you will probably notice and wanted to discuss
                some Kahlil Gibran topics..<br>Love and
                Light<br>krystal
              • IDLE_007
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 25, 2000
                  I am the one who is impresed Kahlil Gibran's
                  works.<br>I think his Philosophical thinking is Heraclitus
                  who concerned with the meaning of opporsite things.
                  thinking such as Punnishment chapter in The Prophet. I
                  really have a difficult time to imagine how the victim
                  has to be responsible in the thing that the victim
                  doesn't do but he/she is performed by someone else.
                  Still, I have a vague idea toward this thing, or perhaps
                  someone could guide me ,
                • awarness_2000
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 31 6:42 AM
                    Do you know that Gebran Khalil Gebran was not
                    only a writer and poet but also a artist making
                    sculptures and paintings and drawings. <br>Some of his
                    paintings are depicted in his books.<br>I visited his
                    museum high up in the mountains in he place he was born
                    in Lebanon this summer.<br>Some of his painting can
                    be found in different museums world wide. I do not
                    know about his sculptures, but I know he studied with
                    Rodin in Paris for a while.<br>I have read almost all
                    of his books and this man is a visionary.<br>I hope
                    we have more discussions about his work and
                    specially his words on this site, I would enjoy
                    that!<br>Nayla
                  • PinkDove
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 13, 2000
                      When I was 13 years old I was diagnosed with
                      juvenial rhemetoid arthritis and for a short time in my
                      life could not walk because of it. At that time in my
                      life my devolpement from child to woman was occuring
                      and I felt completely alone in the world. I turned to
                      God in hopes of understanding what was happening to
                      me with puberty and arthritis and the suppresion of
                      sexual feelings. I thought they were related somehow. I
                      vowed to God I would never think a sexual thought again
                      if only he would let me walk. (But I lied) In my
                      efforts to reach God, or try to relate to him in my
                      childish way, my father gave me The Prophet which became
                      my bible for life. As I grew to become an artist I
                      would spend hours and hours writing in caligraphy
                      Gibrans words from that book. While the doctors returned
                      my body back to life, so did Gibran with the power
                      of his words restore my spirit. His words have been
                      the backbone of my life ever since. I have never had
                      a flare up again. <br><br>Thank you Red for
                      displaying this club on your profile. Thank you Gibran for
                      mending my soul.
                    • awarness_2000
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 16, 2000
                        Thank you Pinkdove for posting your
                        story.<br>Gebran has helped many peoples in times of loss and
                        sickness.<br>I read his books when I was lying flat in bed with
                        a double slipped disks years ago. He gave me hope
                        and strength.
                      • mohdalpha
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 26, 2001
                          Hi guys , <br>be carful i'm a real fan of gubran
                          so i'll be a regular visitor cause i need help . any
                          body has a website about gubran . i need some help
                          about heim i am writing a research about him due 30
                          april. so i need quick help.
                        • mohdalpha
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 26, 2001
                            and (to add)<br>he worked with holland day ( a
                            photographer) who was experimenting photography as an art. he
                            was photographed in varios postures.<br>he was a
                            great artist he went to france and london to study art.
                            he had a small studio in new york then bought a
                            bigger studio .<br>i hope you liked that
                            information.<br>(sorry about the capital letters ) i write fast.
                          • moonshadow00000
                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 30, 2001
                              Remembrance is a form of meeting,<br><br>Do not
                              the spirits who dwell in the ether envy man his
                              the sand and the foam,<br>the high tide will erase my
                              footprints,<br>and the wind will blow away the foam.<br>But the sea
                              and shore will remain forever.
                            • evidence_mi
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 8, 2001
                                i just noticed the last posting was in March, Hmmmmm maybe i joined the wrong club ah well.
                              • Cygnus_200
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 12, 2001
                                  AND a woman who held a babe against her bosom
                                  said, Speak to us of Children.<br><br>And he
                                  the sons and daughters of Life's<br>longing for
                                  though they are with you yet they<br>belong not to
                                  house their bodies but not<br>their souls,<br>For their
                                  souls dwell in the house of to-<br>morrow, which you
                                  strive to be like them, but seek<br>not to make them
                                  like you.<br><br>For life goes not backward nor
                                  your children<br>as living arrows are sent
                                  infinite, and He bends you with His<br>might that His
                                  arrows may go swift and far.<br><br>Let your bending in
                                  the archer's hand<br>be for gladness;<br>For even as
                                  He loves the arrow that flies,<br>so He loves also
                                  the bow that is stable.