Do join the Gibran newsgroup discussion

  • Lovely_Young_Lady
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 9, 1999
    • phillintheuk
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 14, 2000
        great to see a club dedicated to Khalil Gibran, I
        think the Prophet is an awesome book, I also like
        reading anything by Krishnamurti, Ralph Waldo Emmerson,
        and Ralph Waldo Trine, these inspired souls had one
        thing in common, there wisdom was beyond belief
        systems, club mentality, etc, it was universal, from the
        heart or soul of man...
      • secret_ocean17
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 1, 2000
        • vikki_ph
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 2, 2000
            hi. sorry i wasn't online. i only check in the
            morning and at night. kahlil gibran's work was introduced
            to me by a friend. i've been reading his work since.
            do you have any idea if a volume of his complete
            works exist?
          • secret_ocean17
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 20, 2000
              Hi Iara, sorry I haven't checked back in a long
              time. As far as I know there are three volumes in
              existence of Khalil's works, though they contain only
              miscellaneous bits and pieces and first drafts etc. But they
              are beautiful reading. I believe the series begins
              with "A Treasury of Khalil Gibran", followed by "A
              Second Treasury etc" and so on. Also, have you
              researched the world wide web for a complete lists of his
              works? Often you can find whole texts
            • Feelinred29
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 23, 2000
                Hi my name is Krystal and I am a new member of
                this club..I see it has been quite sometime since
                there has been much activity here. I have invited a few
                of my friends to come over and visit. Kahlil Gibran
                is a lifelong favorite of mine. "The Prophet" to me
                was his truest way to love. In a series of books I
                read (Conversations With God)and study I was very
                happy to see that this was one of the recommended
                readings.I am very happy to see you are here.<br>Love and
                Light<br>Krystal
              • Feelinred29
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 24, 2000
                  Hi it's a beautiful new day and I am curious,
                  Where is everyone?? I brought a few friends over with
                  me as you will probably notice and wanted to discuss
                  some Kahlil Gibran topics..<br>Love and
                  Light<br>krystal
                • IDLE_007
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 25, 2000
                    I am the one who is impresed Kahlil Gibran's
                    works.<br>I think his Philosophical thinking is Heraclitus
                    who concerned with the meaning of opporsite things.
                    thinking such as Punnishment chapter in The Prophet. I
                    really have a difficult time to imagine how the victim
                    has to be responsible in the thing that the victim
                    doesn't do but he/she is performed by someone else.
                    Still, I have a vague idea toward this thing, or perhaps
                    someone could guide me ,
                  • awarness_2000
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 31, 2000
                      Do you know that Gebran Khalil Gebran was not
                      only a writer and poet but also a artist making
                      sculptures and paintings and drawings. <br>Some of his
                      paintings are depicted in his books.<br>I visited his
                      museum high up in the mountains in he place he was born
                      in Lebanon this summer.<br>Some of his painting can
                      be found in different museums world wide. I do not
                      know about his sculptures, but I know he studied with
                      Rodin in Paris for a while.<br>I have read almost all
                      of his books and this man is a visionary.<br>I hope
                      we have more discussions about his work and
                      specially his words on this site, I would enjoy
                      that!<br>Nayla
                    • PinkDove
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 13, 2000
                        When I was 13 years old I was diagnosed with
                        juvenial rhemetoid arthritis and for a short time in my
                        life could not walk because of it. At that time in my
                        life my devolpement from child to woman was occuring
                        and I felt completely alone in the world. I turned to
                        God in hopes of understanding what was happening to
                        me with puberty and arthritis and the suppresion of
                        sexual feelings. I thought they were related somehow. I
                        vowed to God I would never think a sexual thought again
                        if only he would let me walk. (But I lied) In my
                        efforts to reach God, or try to relate to him in my
                        childish way, my father gave me The Prophet which became
                        my bible for life. As I grew to become an artist I
                        would spend hours and hours writing in caligraphy
                        Gibrans words from that book. While the doctors returned
                        my body back to life, so did Gibran with the power
                        of his words restore my spirit. His words have been
                        the backbone of my life ever since. I have never had
                        a flare up again. <br><br>Thank you Red for
                        displaying this club on your profile. Thank you Gibran for
                        mending my soul.
                      • awarness_2000
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 16, 2000
                          Thank you Pinkdove for posting your
                          story.<br>Gebran has helped many peoples in times of loss and
                          sickness.<br>I read his books when I was lying flat in bed with
                          a double slipped disks years ago. He gave me hope
                          and strength.
                        • mohdalpha
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 26, 2001
                            Hi guys , <br>be carful i'm a real fan of gubran
                            so i'll be a regular visitor cause i need help . any
                            body has a website about gubran . i need some help
                            about heim i am writing a research about him due 30
                            april. so i need quick help.
                          • mohdalpha
                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 26, 2001
                              and (to add)<br>he worked with holland day ( a
                              photographer) who was experimenting photography as an art. he
                              was photographed in varios postures.<br>he was a
                              great artist he went to france and london to study art.
                              he had a small studio in new york then bought a
                              bigger studio .<br>i hope you liked that
                              information.<br>(sorry about the capital letters ) i write fast.
                            • moonshadow00000
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 30, 2001
                                Remembrance is a form of meeting,<br><br>Do not
                                the spirits who dwell in the ether envy man his
                                the sand and the foam,<br>the high tide will erase my
                                footprints,<br>and the wind will blow away the foam.<br>But the sea
                                and shore will remain forever.
                              • evidence_mi
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 8, 2001
                                  i just noticed the last posting was in March, Hmmmmm maybe i joined the wrong club ah well.
                                • Cygnus_200
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 12, 2001
                                    AND a woman who held a babe against her bosom
                                    said, Speak to us of Children.<br><br>And he
                                    the sons and daughters of Life's<br>longing for
                                    though they are with you yet they<br>belong not to
                                    house their bodies but not<br>their souls,<br>For their
                                    souls dwell in the house of to-<br>morrow, which you
                                    strive to be like them, but seek<br>not to make them
                                    like you.<br><br>For life goes not backward nor
                                    your children<br>as living arrows are sent
                                    infinite, and He bends you with His<br>might that His
                                    arrows may go swift and far.<br><br>Let your bending in
                                    the archer's hand<br>be for gladness;<br>For even as
                                    He loves the arrow that flies,<br>so He loves also
                                    the bow that is stable.