The Teachings Of Kahlil Gibran

  • Ashton_K
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 23, 1998
      Welcome, This is the Yahoo! Message Board for The Teachings Of Kahlil Gibran community.
    • Ashton_K
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 23, 1998
      • Lovely_Young_Lady
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 9, 1999
        • phillintheuk
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 14, 2000
            great to see a club dedicated to Khalil Gibran, I
            think the Prophet is an awesome book, I also like
            reading anything by Krishnamurti, Ralph Waldo Emmerson,
            and Ralph Waldo Trine, these inspired souls had one
            thing in common, there wisdom was beyond belief
            systems, club mentality, etc, it was universal, from the
            heart or soul of man...
          • secret_ocean17
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 1, 2000
            • vikki_ph
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 2, 2000
                hi. sorry i wasn't online. i only check in the
                morning and at night. kahlil gibran's work was introduced
                to me by a friend. i've been reading his work since.
                do you have any idea if a volume of his complete
                works exist?
              • secret_ocean17
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 20, 2000
                  Hi Iara, sorry I haven't checked back in a long
                  time. As far as I know there are three volumes in
                  existence of Khalil's works, though they contain only
                  miscellaneous bits and pieces and first drafts etc. But they
                  are beautiful reading. I believe the series begins
                  with "A Treasury of Khalil Gibran", followed by "A
                  Second Treasury etc" and so on. Also, have you
                  researched the world wide web for a complete lists of his
                  works? Often you can find whole texts
                • Feelinred29
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 23, 2000
                    Hi my name is Krystal and I am a new member of
                    this club..I see it has been quite sometime since
                    there has been much activity here. I have invited a few
                    of my friends to come over and visit. Kahlil Gibran
                    is a lifelong favorite of mine. "The Prophet" to me
                    was his truest way to love. In a series of books I
                    read (Conversations With God)and study I was very
                    happy to see that this was one of the recommended
                    readings.I am very happy to see you are here.<br>Love and
                    Light<br>Krystal
                  • Feelinred29
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 24, 2000
                      Hi it's a beautiful new day and I am curious,
                      Where is everyone?? I brought a few friends over with
                      me as you will probably notice and wanted to discuss
                      some Kahlil Gibran topics..<br>Love and
                      Light<br>krystal
                    • IDLE_007
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 25, 2000
                        I am the one who is impresed Kahlil Gibran's
                        works.<br>I think his Philosophical thinking is Heraclitus
                        who concerned with the meaning of opporsite things.
                        thinking such as Punnishment chapter in The Prophet. I
                        really have a difficult time to imagine how the victim
                        has to be responsible in the thing that the victim
                        doesn't do but he/she is performed by someone else.
                        Still, I have a vague idea toward this thing, or perhaps
                        someone could guide me ,
                      • awarness_2000
                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 31, 2000
                          Do you know that Gebran Khalil Gebran was not
                          only a writer and poet but also a artist making
                          sculptures and paintings and drawings. <br>Some of his
                          paintings are depicted in his books.<br>I visited his
                          museum high up in the mountains in he place he was born
                          in Lebanon this summer.<br>Some of his painting can
                          be found in different museums world wide. I do not
                          know about his sculptures, but I know he studied with
                          Rodin in Paris for a while.<br>I have read almost all
                          of his books and this man is a visionary.<br>I hope
                          we have more discussions about his work and
                          specially his words on this site, I would enjoy
                          that!<br>Nayla
                        • PinkDove
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 13, 2000
                            When I was 13 years old I was diagnosed with
                            juvenial rhemetoid arthritis and for a short time in my
                            life could not walk because of it. At that time in my
                            life my devolpement from child to woman was occuring
                            and I felt completely alone in the world. I turned to
                            God in hopes of understanding what was happening to
                            me with puberty and arthritis and the suppresion of
                            sexual feelings. I thought they were related somehow. I
                            vowed to God I would never think a sexual thought again
                            if only he would let me walk. (But I lied) In my
                            efforts to reach God, or try to relate to him in my
                            childish way, my father gave me The Prophet which became
                            my bible for life. As I grew to become an artist I
                            would spend hours and hours writing in caligraphy
                            Gibrans words from that book. While the doctors returned
                            my body back to life, so did Gibran with the power
                            of his words restore my spirit. His words have been
                            the backbone of my life ever since. I have never had
                            a flare up again. <br><br>Thank you Red for
                            displaying this club on your profile. Thank you Gibran for
                            mending my soul.
                          • awarness_2000
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 16, 2000
                              Thank you Pinkdove for posting your
                              story.<br>Gebran has helped many peoples in times of loss and
                              sickness.<br>I read his books when I was lying flat in bed with
                              a double slipped disks years ago. He gave me hope
                              and strength.
                            • mohdalpha
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 26 2:35 AM
                                Hi guys , <br>be carful i'm a real fan of gubran
                                so i'll be a regular visitor cause i need help . any
                                body has a website about gubran . i need some help
                                about heim i am writing a research about him due 30
                                april. so i need quick help.
                              • mohdalpha
                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 26 2:42 AM
                                  and (to add)<br>he worked with holland day ( a
                                  photographer) who was experimenting photography as an art. he
                                  was photographed in varios postures.<br>he was a
                                  great artist he went to france and london to study art.
                                  he had a small studio in new york then bought a
                                  bigger studio .<br>i hope you liked that
                                  information.<br>(sorry about the capital letters ) i write fast.
                                • moonshadow00000
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 30 6:24 AM
                                    Remembrance is a form of meeting,<br><br>Do not
                                    the spirits who dwell in the ether envy man his
                                    the sand and the foam,<br>the high tide will erase my
                                    footprints,<br>and the wind will blow away the foam.<br>But the sea
                                    and shore will remain forever.
                                  • evidence_mi
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 8, 2001
                                      i just noticed the last posting was in March, Hmmmmm maybe i joined the wrong club ah well.
                                    • Cygnus_200
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Sep 12, 2001
                                        AND a woman who held a babe against her bosom
                                        said, Speak to us of Children.<br><br>And he
                                        the sons and daughters of Life's<br>longing for
                                        though they are with you yet they<br>belong not to
                                        house their bodies but not<br>their souls,<br>For their
                                        souls dwell in the house of to-<br>morrow, which you
                                        strive to be like them, but seek<br>not to make them
                                        like you.<br><br>For life goes not backward nor
                                        your children<br>as living arrows are sent
                                        infinite, and He bends you with His<br>might that His
                                        arrows may go swift and far.<br><br>Let your bending in
                                        the archer's hand<br>be for gladness;<br>For even as
                                        He loves the arrow that flies,<br>so He loves also
                                        the bow that is stable.