The Power of His Words

  • PinkDove
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 13, 2000
      When I was 13 years old I was diagnosed with
      juvenial rhemetoid arthritis and for a short time in my
      life could not walk because of it. At that time in my
      life my devolpement from child to woman was occuring
      and I felt completely alone in the world. I turned to
      God in hopes of understanding what was happening to
      me with puberty and arthritis and the suppresion of
      sexual feelings. I thought they were related somehow. I
      vowed to God I would never think a sexual thought again
      if only he would let me walk. (But I lied) In my
      efforts to reach God, or try to relate to him in my
      childish way, my father gave me The Prophet which became
      my bible for life. As I grew to become an artist I
      would spend hours and hours writing in caligraphy
      Gibrans words from that book. While the doctors returned
      my body back to life, so did Gibran with the power
      of his words restore my spirit. His words have been
      the backbone of my life ever since. I have never had
      a flare up again. <br><br>Thank you Red for
      displaying this club on your profile. Thank you Gibran for
      mending my soul.
    • awarness_2000
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 16, 2000
        Thank you Pinkdove for posting your
        story.<br>Gebran has helped many peoples in times of loss and
        sickness.<br>I read his books when I was lying flat in bed with
        a double slipped disks years ago. He gave me hope
        and strength.
      • mohdalpha
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 26, 2001
          Hi guys , <br>be carful i'm a real fan of gubran
          so i'll be a regular visitor cause i need help . any
          body has a website about gubran . i need some help
          about heim i am writing a research about him due 30
          april. so i need quick help.
        • mohdalpha
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 26, 2001
            and (to add)<br>he worked with holland day ( a
            photographer) who was experimenting photography as an art. he
            was photographed in varios postures.<br>he was a
            great artist he went to france and london to study art.
            he had a small studio in new york then bought a
            bigger studio .<br>i hope you liked that
            information.<br>(sorry about the capital letters ) i write fast.
          • moonshadow00000
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 30, 2001
              Remembrance is a form of meeting,<br><br>Do not
              the spirits who dwell in the ether envy man his
              the sand and the foam,<br>the high tide will erase my
              footprints,<br>and the wind will blow away the foam.<br>But the sea
              and shore will remain forever.
            • evidence_mi
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 8, 2001
                i just noticed the last posting was in March, Hmmmmm maybe i joined the wrong club ah well.
              • Cygnus_200
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 12, 2001
                  AND a woman who held a babe against her bosom
                  said, Speak to us of Children.<br><br>And he
                  the sons and daughters of Life's<br>longing for
                  though they are with you yet they<br>belong not to
                  house their bodies but not<br>their souls,<br>For their
                  souls dwell in the house of to-<br>morrow, which you
                  strive to be like them, but seek<br>not to make them
                  like you.<br><br>For life goes not backward nor
                  your children<br>as living arrows are sent
                  infinite, and He bends you with His<br>might that His
                  arrows may go swift and far.<br><br>Let your bending in
                  the archer's hand<br>be for gladness;<br>For even as
                  He loves the arrow that flies,<br>so He loves also
                  the bow that is stable.