Coffee

  • television_sky
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2004
      Gibson has a thing about coffee, i suppose, by the way it comes up in
      all the books. find your favorite coffee citation and enter it in the
      database. ya gotta visit the website, can't do it via e-mail.

      anything else we should be tracking? anyone out there have a list of
      every mention of "long chain monomers"?

      ok. let's get to work.

      television sky
    • trapezoiddave
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 15, 2004
        He also talks about foam noodle cartons a hell of a lot. I've
        noticed this in other cyberpunk writers too. The icon of future
        urban living?

        TDave

        --- In thesprawlofwilliamgibson@yahoogroups.com, television_sky
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Gibson has a thing about coffee, i suppose, by the way it comes up
        in
        > all the books. find your favorite coffee citation and enter it in
        the
        > database. ya gotta visit the website, can't do it via e-mail.
        >
        > anything else we should be tracking? anyone out there have a list of
        > every mention of "long chain monomers"?
        >
        > ok. let's get to work.
        >
        > television sky
      • Cat Eldridge
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 15, 2004
          >He also talks about foam noodle cartons a hell of a lot. I've
          >noticed this in other cyberpunk writers too. The icon of future
          >urban living?

          Blame it on Bladerunner -- noodle shops showed there.
        • gomi_otaku
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 16, 2004
            I liked the depiction of the noodle shop in "The Fifth Element". A
            hovering stand that travels from window to window, who knows how many
            hundred stories from the ground....
            gomi_

            --- In thesprawlofwilliamgibson@yahoogroups.com, Cat Eldridge

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 16, 2004
              yeah, noodles in foam cups and noodle stands... ok, how 'bout a noodle
              database?

              anyone add more quotes to the coffee database yet?

              tvsky

              --- In thesprawlofwilliamgibson@yahoogroups.com, trapezoiddave