Idoru

  • walled_city121
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2003
      by far my favorite gibson novel is idoru. probably because of my
      fixation with nirvana, I completely understand chia and how she likes
      an old band. our time in youth, speaking culturally as we get more
      and more wired is free. time is a secondary thing. soon media will
      become atemporal. the media liberates people permitting everyone yo
      be an artist. Ezines showcase writers that wouldn,t or just cant get
      published. in this days everyone can be an artist. will this lead to
      the cheapening of the art experience? i think that in time the
      experience of art will be a personal one. with people not needing th
      kind of elite that art is they will find it themselves. one of the
      points of liberation that gibson i beleive stresses
      "collecting andy warhol prints or tamagotchis is ultimately today
      what seems a pick of choice"
      gibson in wired

      bye and keep your shirt on
      121