Get moving on your Dream!!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2012

      Fight for the Garden

      Last night I was pulling a few weeds near the greenhouse and I happened to have on a pink shirt. I was bending over when something loud buzzed by my head. It startled me! I stood up and there, four feet in front of me a hummingbird hovered, as if to say, "What are you doing in my yard?" We had a "stare down" for a few moments, but he retreated to the other side of the garden. I had a good laugh over that tiny little creature who must have been as surprised as I was!

      Dream Big!

      What stands between you and a really big dream? If you are young, what do you dream of doing? If you are older, what was your really big dream that you had?

      Back in 1888, a young man named Asa Candler was given an opportunity to buy and idea. Most people probably would have turned it down. The idea was a formula for an untried product. But Mr. Candler gave his life savings for the formula, and set to work. He could have thought about it, and decided his idea was worthless. He might have listened to family who told him he was nuts. He might have told friends who slapped him on the back and told him, "Good luck!" in a sarcastic manner. But young Candler did none of these things, and simply began an advertising campaign. Coca-Cola was the result, and has been one of the biggest profit makers of all time.

      Another young man dreamed that man could fly. Another dreamed of a motorized vehicle. Then there was a dream of a huge steel company(US Steel). Then a man dreamed of sending messages on air waves. Another dreamed of a way to make light from electricity. On and on they go. Dreams turned into reality.

      Everything created started with a dream or idea!

      A garden starts with a dream, so does a car, or a letter or a homework project, even a job. Getting up in the morning starts with an idea – do I get up, or stay in bed? If that is so, why not dream big? Instead of today is another day, why not – today is going to be a great day, and then proceed to make it so!

      If we have a dream, make it a big dream. Don't in any way allow negativity to germinate. Don't tell friends who will laugh, or family who already thinks you are crazy. Invest positive thoughts in your dream. Most of the time we get a great idea, we, ourselves, begin to talk ourself right out if it!

      And then – follow through. Every great baseball player, or writer, or president or even a good mother thought they were great,first. First the idea, then the plan. Anything is worth being great, as long as it is for the greater good.

      So, dream, focus, believe and move in the right direction with determination. Nothing can stand in the way of that!

      Keeping it simple,
      Sheryl Simons