Are you an Eagle?

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2009
      3-2
      Just past our house the other day we saw four majestic eagles soaring near the woods. It was amazing. I watched them until it got too dark. Eagles are not a sight that I see every day, but I do love to watch them, in their graceful flight.
      Once in a while I see another kind of eagle. People eagles. You know them when you see them. Not everyone is an eagle. They are all around us. The teacher that goes above and beyond; that inspires us to excellence. Sometimes they are strangers who just stop to help out. The friend who gives comfort. The person who does the right thing, even when it's hard to do. Some people just spread cheer and good wherever they go. They volunteer. They are there when you need them, just to listen. They are positives in a negative world. I have some eagles in my life. We all do.
      When I think of the people in my life who are eagles, I realized I wanted to let them know. Their qualifications? No, they don't have to be perfect, but on the whole, they try to improve the lives of the community, and the people around them. They go out of their way. They love unconditionally. They are even tempered and not prone to drama. They keep their word.
      Let people know when they are "eagles" in your life. Visit them, send them a card, or give them a call. Most of us don't have to look too far. They are there for us, right when we need them.

      Simple Stir-Fry

      Cube a chicken breast, leftover chicken, beef or pork. Cook in 1 T oil and 1 T soy sauce, until lightly beginning to brown. Chop your favorite veggies such as broccoli, onion, carrots, snap peas, etc. Steam to desired tenderness with a t garlic. (I use a small sauce pan, with ½ inch water, covered). Heat frying pan and add meat and vegetables. Add 2 c water mixed with 1/3 c corn starch, ½ t salt, 1 T brown sugar. Thicken and serve over whole wheat spaghetti or brown rice. Healthy and yummy!

      Keeping it Simple,
      Sheryl Email: thesimple_life@...