Keeping a Positive Attitude

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008

      The key to being happy is being contented with the simple things of
      life.

      There are lots of recipes for successful living. There are
      books by the dozens that say basically the same thing, and they all
      have some truth to them, some more than others. And I believe the
      most successful people live by most of the same ideas. Still, I am
      skeptical. I love history and it seems that if life was simply about
      having enough "faith" the world would be a much better place. Would
      our forefathers have went to battle to create a democracy we now call
      the United States of America, if they could have simply "thought" it
      into being? Albert Einstein didn't simply sit at a desk to invent
      the light bulb, but tried over 10,000 different experiments to create
      the light bulb. Did Henry Ford simply dream the Model T into
      existence?

      There is no doubt that there is power in positive thinking. All
      those experiments did start with a thought. But, it's just not
      that easy. Any farmer will tell you that no field will get harvested
      by sitting on the porch swing. Any parent will tell you a child will
      not become a successful adult without doing battle probably more than
      a few times.

      But, I do love the power of thought. Anything that comes into
      existence began with a thought. And then a bit more. Ever mention
      giving something a try to someone and the first thing they say
      is, "I'm no good at that. Or I couldn't do that!"

      And then, ever wonder why when we think something will go wrong
      it usually does? "I hope I'm not late" can lead to being late!
      And "I think I'm coming down with something" usually does! But why
      not try, "I will be right on time." Or, "I am feeling so healthy"!
      Thinking about things in a negative way, usually does make them
      happen. Try phrasing it positively in your mind. If someone asks
      you how you feel, say, "I feel great." Often, you will.

      I'm going to think about these thoughts this week:
      "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." ~~Phil. 4:13
      "Don't say "if" say "how".

      "See yourself attracting abundance and you will attract it."

      "More people are thinking about what they don't want and they wonder
      why it shows up over and over again." ~~John Assaraf

      "Your thoughts and feelings are a song. What kind of song are you
      singing?"

      "Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer believing, ye shall receive."
      ~~Matt. 21:22

      "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole
      staircase. Just take the first step." ~~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

      "All that we are is a result of what we have thought." ~~Budda

      "Gratitude brings your whole mind into closer harmony with the
      creative energies of the Universe." ~~Wallace Wattles

      "Everyone visualizes whether he knows it or not. Visualizing is the
      great secret of success." ~~Genevieve Behrend

      "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming
      attractions." ~~ Albert Einstien

      "Think abundance, see abundance, feel abundance, believe abundance.
      Let no thought of limitation enter your mind." ~~Robert Collier
      * * *

      MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE

      Cornbread Batter:

      2 cups self rising cornmeal
      1 can (10 oz) cream style corn
      2 eggs well beaten
      1/2 cup crisco oil
      2 tsp sugar (if desired)
      1 cup milk (may add more milk to make batter right)
      (not to thick or not to thin)about like cake batter

      Filling:

      1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
      1 large onion chopped
      3 to 5 small banana peppers chopped
      2 to 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (mild or med)

      Mix together corn meal, eggs, milk, sugar, cream style corn and oil.
      set aside. This is your batter for the bread. In a large skillet,
      cook ground beef, onion and peppers until browned and then pour into
      strainer. Drain off any grease. Rinse with hot water and let drain.
      Pour half of batter into large greased skillet. Then pour all of the
      hamburger mixture over this. Top this with all the cheese.

      Next, pour the other half of your cornbread batter over the meat and
      cheese filling.

      Bake in a 350` oven for about 45 to 50 min. or until light brown. Let
      set a few minutes before cutting and serving.

      * * *

      If you have a really good positive quote or an idea that helps you
      keep a happy attitude through the day, please send your ideas to me,
      so I can pass them on to the group!

      columns: