Simple Lasagna!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2007

      When you are content to simply be yourself and don't compare or
      compete, everyone will respect you. Lao Tzu

      "Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the
      fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your
      beauty and your animal spirits.'" ~~William Hazlitt

      Even though November winds howl, I still managed to pick a fall
      bouquet of late bloomers. Delphinium and Russian Sage still look and
      smell good on my kitchen table. It was raining earlier, but when I
      went outside about 10 am, the sun was climbing and it was warming
      nicely. We decided to go for a walk, and it was beautiful for about
      an hour and a half! When we got home the sun was going behind the
      clouds, and now it is raining again. What if we wouldn't have taken
      that window of opportunity? We'd have missed out on those golden
      leaves sparkling in the sun. You have to take advantage when you can!

      * * *
      Simple Lasagna

      12 oz. cottage cheese
      2 c (8 oz.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
      2 eggs
      1/3 c chopped parsley
      1 t onion powder
      ½ t basil
      sprinkle pepper
      32 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
      3/4 c. cooked ground beef or your favorite meat
      9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
      *3/4 c. water (more or less)
      grated parmesan cheese

      In large bowl, mix cheeses, eggs, parsley, onion powder, basil and
      pepper until well blended; set aside. In medium bowl, mix together
      spaghetti sauce and cooked meat.

      In 12x8x2 baking dish, spread 3/4 c. meat sauce. Layer 3 uncooked
      noodles and top with meat sauce. Spread with 1/2 of cottage cheese
      mixture and 1 1/2 c. meat sauce. Layer 3 more noodles on top of meat
      sauce. Spread with remaining cottage cheese mixture. Top with
      remaining 3 uncooked noodles and remaining meat sauce. Pour water
      around edges.

      Freezing and Cooking Directions:
      Wrap tightly with freezer paper, foil, or place dish in 2-gallon bag.
      Label and freeze.

      To serve: thaw and bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
      Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
      Serve with Parmesan cheese. To bake from the frozen stage, add 30
      minutes to total baking time.

      * If you like your pasta to be firm, decrease the water by 1/2 c per
      recipe.

      * * *
      Simple Air Cleaners
      Did you know that indoor winter gardening can help keep your
      air cleaner in your house, by actually absorbing toxins in the air?
      Spider plants and philodendron are two of the best indoor plants for
      better air quality, but any plant is better than nothing. You can
      even try having a couple plants in each room. Some plants don't need
      much light, so they work no matter what room they are in.

      SKUNK SPRAY REMEDY

      1 quart Hydrogen Peroxide 3%
      ¼ cup baking soda
      1 tsp liquid soap
      Mix all ingredients, apply to dog, wait 10 minutes, then rinse.
      Retreat if necessary.
      Do not get in eyes or ears.
      Use immediately; the mixture is unstable and cannot be stored after
      mixing.

      * * *

      "Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an
      experiment." ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

      "To say yes, you have to sweat and roll up your sleeves and plunge
      both hands into life up to the elbows." ~~ Jean Anouilh

      "I live by this credo: Have a little laugh at life and look around
      you for happiness instead of sadness. Laughter has always brought me
      out of unhappy situations. Even in your darkest moment, you usually
      can find something to laugh about if you try hard enough." ~~ Red
      Skelton