keeping it simple ideas

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2007

      Here's a favorite recipe for bars that will be snapped up at any
      family reunion! These are a family favorite of ours. I haven't made
      these in a while, but I think it's time for a surprise.

      Choco-Nut Refridge Bars
      in saucepan:
      3/4 cup margarine
      1 cup sugar
      2 beaten eggs
      (It's easy to get impatient and burn this part, so be careful and
      keep stirring!)
      Cook on medium heat and stir til bubbly thick. Cool.

      Stir in when cool: (wait for these to cool first, or the marshmallows
      will melt!)
      2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
      (I use a rolling pin and put the graham crackers in a zip-lock bag)
      Takes about 2 packages from a box.
      2 cups mini marshmallows
      1 tsp vanilla
      Spread in 13x 9"pan

      Melt over low heat or in microwave and spread on above:
      6 oz. choc. chips
      and 1/4 cup peanut butter

      sprinkle with 1/4 c. peanuts (I use more - of course!)

      Ideas for keeping things Simple:

      - Simple living is not following the status quo. It is not doing
      things because that's what your friends, family or neighbors are
      doing or telling you that you should. It's having integrity to stand
      up for what is right.
      - Simple living is living the way you want to live and guarding your
      limited resources such as time and money. It is also eliminating the
      clutter from your life and stripping away what is not important to
      you, which makes more room for the important things.
      - Simple living is living in the moment. It's taking time for going
      on a walk with a 3 year old and enjoying the rocks and toads he sees,
      or taking time to read a book together.
      -Simple living is trying to do one thing at a time and enjoy the
      experience -like making an apple pie or building a garden. It's not
      work, its fun!
      - Simple living is getting up early enough for a cup of coffee, a few
      moments of thankfulness, and watching the sun come up before heading
      off to work.
      -Simple living is enjoying whatever it is that you are doing at the
      moment. Don't think ahead what else needs to be done and don't think
      back about something you've already done. It's the journey as much
      as the destination.
      -Simple living is dealing with your own problems and not casting the
      blame on others. Take responsibility for a happy life – its in your
      -Simple living is trying to live in such a way that there will be
      few regrets and mistakes are learning experiences.
      - Simple living is laughing out loud every time you get a chance.
      -Simple living is being thankful to God for each and every moment.
      -Think of what is stressful in your life and find a way to make it

      * * *
      The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your
      problems, block your fears, and score your points when you get the
      opportunity. – Unknown

      You are a success when you have made friends with your past, are
      focused on the present, and are optimistic about your future. - Zig

      It's been said that, "Children are living messages we send to a time
      and place we will never see."
      * * *

      Make your own oxygen cleaner without paying the big price! The recipe
      to make your own is to take a mixture of one cup hot water, 1/2 cup
      baking soda, and 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide. It removes even old blood
      stains! Just soak the clothing in it for 20 minutes to overnight and
      then wash as usual. This will not harm fabric like bleach. It doesn't
      harm colors either!